Thursday, May 27, 2010

Roswell Remembers



Are you looking for something to do this Memorial Day? Roswell Georgia is home to the largest Memorial Day celebration in the state of Georgia. Each year, folks gather on the lawn of Roswell City Hall to honor those who have given their lives to protect our freedoms.

I love the bagpipes and the fife and drums, but the most memorable part is when the service hymn of each branch of the military is played. Gentleman and ladies, who were sometimes barely able to walk to their seats, rise up, stand straight and tall, and salute as their service hymn is played. My gratitude bubbles up as I watch and I confess I shed a tear or two.

Displays are open to the public starting at 10 am. The military ceremony begins at 11 am, and by 12:45 picnic lunches appear and the music of Banks and Shane fill the air. For full details about the program, check out: www.roswellmemorialday.com/program.html

No comments:

Post a Comment