Thursday, October 13, 2011

It’s A Wrap



Would you believe that there are only 72 more shopping days until Christmas? More importantly there are only 39 more days until the holiday events start along the Divine 9.

What, you’ve never heard of the Divine 9? To us local folk, that’s Georgia Highway 9, here in Roswell and Alpharetta. Each year, starting with Thanksgiving week, Roswell and Alpharetta host some must-attend events and celebrations all up and down the Divine 9.

To unveil the Holidays along the Divine 9 publication a very special, fun event is scheduled on Monday, October 17th at 11 am at Northpoint Mall. Mayor Jere Wood of Roswell, Mayor Arthur Letchas of Alpharetta, and their wives, Judie Raiford and Sally Letchas will participate in “The Mayor’s Holiday Wrap-Up.”


Each husband and wife team will be in a race to see which team can wrap the most toys in 19 minutes. Santa himself will give special acclaim to the team with the most wrapped gifts and a few other select categories. Performers from the Tolbert Yilmaz School of Dance production of The Nutcracker will be on hand providing additional holiday merriment. All gifts will be donated to North Fulton Community Charities.

I’m not sure what will be the most fun – cheering on my favorite mayor and wife team or getting some great ideas for how to wrap those funny shaped packages that I have to deal with each year. I wonder if Santa will let me sit on his lap, at my age? Guess I’d better focus on the beauty and majesty of the Tolbert Yilmaz Nutcracker dancers and be content with being awed at their skills.

The best part about this event is being the first to find out about the 84 (yes, I said 84) events in the Holidays along the Divine 9 publication. I know for a fact that some of them are of the “fills up fast, gotta reserve my spot, now” type of events.

Join us at Northpoint Mall on Monday, October 17th for the thrill of competition, the beauty of the dancers, and I bet you’ll even hear a jingle bell or two – you just have to be there in person to find out what I mean.



If you ever snuck under the tree as a kid, carefully opened a wrapped package to see what you were getting, and then taped it back up, I bet you can’t wait for Monday to see what all the Holidays along the Divine 9 has to offer. Guess what? You don’t have to wait. Just go to www.visitroswellga.com/divine9.html and click on the link to view all of the events.

No comments:

Post a Comment